The Thematic Research Unit Green engineering approaches aims to provide answers to a major societal issue of our time : global warming.
The objective of the research conducted within this axis is to propose solutions based on the principles of green engineering and causing a technological break with the current and dominant technologies in the fields of materials and civil engineering. These principles include minimizing resource depletion, optimizing the amount of waste produced, and optimizing product performance by minimizing design excesses and including life cycle analysis tools.
This TRU is divided into 3 research areas : Valorization of materials, by products or waste, Eco-design approaches and Energy optimization.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Buildings and structures
INDUSTRIAL AND ACADEMIC COOPERATIONS
- STOCH 2 – Study platform for hydrogen underground storage and extraction in Pays de la Loire (2022-2026)
- Carnot MERS ALGO-DUR – Use of microalgae for the durability of structures in the marine environment (2022-2025)
- Carnot MERS GHARSA – Development of a device for measuring the chemo-mechanical degradation of solid or hollow materials immersed in sea water (2022-2024)
- ANR DEMCOM project – Durable and Environmental design of Monitored COncrete structures in Marine environment (2021-2025)
- Research chair EDYCEM II on sustainable concrete (2019-2024)
TRU coordinators : Amandine Célino, Frédéric Grondin