Tuesday 13 June
9 h 00
10 h 00
Thomas Heuzé will present his defense for his accreditation to supervize research on Tuesday 13 June 2023 at 9am at Centrales Nantes (Room D028).
The defense is open to the public.
“On some thermally coupled systems in solid mechanics across various time scales”
These works deal with the study of some (mainly) thermally coupled systems in solid mechanics, deforming either slowly or in a fast manner. Research activities were focused on their modeling, on the development of dedicated approximations and solution strategies, and on engineering applications requiring the development of advanced models and numerical techniques. Especially, contributions make use of robust theoretical frameworks (such as amongst others variational formulations, conservative formulations), to build well-posed modelings and consistent approximations. Applications are related with diffusion processes in batteries, or with high pulsed power technologies, such as magnetic pulse welding/forming or disassembling.
Read the full resume
Composition of the jury :
- Jean-Michel BERGHEAU, Professeur, Université de lyon-École Centrale de Lyon
- Sergey GAVRILYUK, Professeur, Université d’Aix-Marseille
- Antonio GIL, Professeur, Swansea University (Royaume-Uni)
- Anthony GRAVOUIL, Professeur, INSA Lyon
- Djimedo KONDO, Professeur, Sorbonne Université
- Jörn MOSLER, Professeur, Technische Universität Dortmund (Allemagne)
- Laurent STAINIER, Professeur, Nantes Université-Centrale Nantes